Epik High - [e]
Hearts next to the songs indicate personal favorites :D
DISC 1 - [e]motion
01. Oceans. Sand. Trees. ♥
02. Slow Motion ♥
03. Gift (feat. Park Jiyoon)
04. No More Christmas
05. Maze (feat. Dumbfounded & MYK) ♥
06. Acoustic Guitar (Skit)
08. Emologue ♥
09. Excuses (feat. MYK) ♥
11. Breathe (Mithra's Word) (feat. Han Heejung) ♥
12. Happy Birthday To Me (feat. Ha Dongkyun)
13. Heaven (feat. MYK) ♥
14. Owls. Shadows. Tears.
15. [BONUS] Slow [e] Motion
01. Oceans. Sand. Trees. I love simple piano pieces like this. Reminiscent of Imogen Heap's Fire.
02. Slow Motion Interesting beat, ingenious rhymes.
03. Gift (feat. Park Jiyoon) Hey, wasn't this piano from "1825 Paper Cranes"? It sounds extremely familiar, anyhow. Something about Jiyoon's voice throws me off; it doesn't fit that well with the track, in my opinion. Maybe I just like how Jisun sounds with EH too much, haha.
04. No More Christmas I really like the background music, but Tablo's aggressive rapping doesn't quite fit with the ambient backing music for me. I like Mithra's section better; his rapping's smoother.
05. Maze (feat. Dumbfounded & MYK) These men are genius lyricists. Too many choices, possibilities, indecision is killing me. And if you lend a helping hand, then I will follow willingly.
06. Acoustic Guitar (Skit) I wish I could understand Korean ;_; I can't tell who's singing, but LOLOL.
07. Trot I guess this is incorporating some trot elements? I'm not really well-versed in trot at all, but I do like the acoustic in the background.
09. Excuses (feat. MYK) I didn't know MYK could sing o_o I love his voice!
10. Moonwalker The chorus is especially excellent.
11. Breathe (Mithra's Word) (feat. Han Heejung) I have to say, EH tends to feature some really good, breathy female vocalists -- and Heejung's voice works extremely well with the calm atmosphere of this song.
12. Happy Birthday To Me (feat. Ha Dongkyun) Hmm, interesting vocals from Dongkyun.
13. Heaven (feat. MYK) Layering rap over acoustic guitar riff = yesyesYES. I cannot get over how awesome this track sounds, ahhh.
14. Owls. Shadows. Tears. I will never get tired of EH's instrumental tracks. Ever.
15. [BONUS] Slow [e] Motion A different version of the original track. I like the original better, but this bonus track is also quite good.
DISC 2 - [e]nergy
01. Orchestras. Spotlights. Turntables. ♥
02. Still Here (feat. Dok2) ♥
03. Sensitive Thug (Skit)
04. Wannabe (feat. Mellow) ♥
05. Rocksteady (feat. Kero One, Dumbfoundead, MYK, Rakka (Dilated Peoples)) ♥
06. Madonna (feat. Mellow)
08. Shopaholic ♥
09. Supreme 100 ♥
10. High Technology
11. Rocksteady (Korean Version) (feat. Paloalto, Dok2, Beatbox DG, Beenzino)
12. High Skool Dropout
13. Hyung (feat. MYK, YDG, Dok2)
14. Lesson 4 (Tablo's Word)
15. Organs. Screams. Televisions. ♥
01. Orchestras. Spotlights. Turntables. (feat. MYK) Too good, too short :(
02. Still Here (feat. Dok2) I LOVE the play-hard attitude in this mid-tempo track.
03. Sensitive Thug (Skit) The way they sing/talk this makes me LOL. I don't know if this track is supposed to be ironic, but it's making me laugh XD
04. Wannabe (feat. Mellow) If you haven't seen the MV yet, PLEASE DO SO NOW. This is a really great radio-friendly song; it definitely has that sing-along quality to it.
05. Rocksteady (feat. Kero One, Dumbfoundead, MYK, Rakka (Dilated Peoples)) Epik High mothafuckas, our tracks are bold. Yes, yes they are. Yes, I'm ready to rocksteady! 'Cause I got skills. Yes, yes you do. The featured artists add a lot of flavor to this catchy track.
06. Madonna (feat. Mellow) Haha, the chorus xD Just dance, dance, like a like a virgin on the dance floor! This sounds like it could be in a club, thanks to the heavy synth bass.
07. Malrumaen Epik High + piano + rap = love. I'd be interested in a full, more embellished instrumental of the backing track.
08. Shopaholic I don't understand most of the lyrics, but I can tell this is a stab at young Hollywood starlets who seem to do nothing with their time but spend, spend, spend. Well-crafted. But you can't buy love or happiness.
09. Supreme 100 This is a change from the high-quality, studio-recorded tracks on the rest of the album. Not bad; I'd like to hear a polished studio version. I BARACK the show, OBAMA self.
10. High Technology Another clubby sort of track. The synth in the background is catchy as hell.
11. Rocksteady (Korean Version) (feat. Paloalto, Dok2, Beatbox DG, Beenzino) Just as good, but I prefer the English purely because that's the version I can understand lol.
12. High Skool Dropout ROFL, what is this song? A-B-C-D-E-P-I-K! THE KIDS ARE SO CUTE
13. Hyung (feat. MYK, YDG, Dok2) Really heavy lyrics here ;@;
14. Lesson 4 (Tablo's Word) Here's another example of where aggressive rapping doesn't quite fit with the music... I think I would have preferred a pure instrumental, but that's okay.
15. Organs. Screams. Televisions. WAIT WHY SO SHORT IT WAS SO GOOD, ARGH.
Epik High continues to impress with the high level of variety, creativity, and excellence that they deliver with every album, and 30-track [e] is no exception. As Tablo describes, this album is "No genre, just music. 1% [e]ffort, 99% ill."
Now if only the "O.S.T." tracks were longer D: